Tikkurila’s focus is on carefully selected customers, certain geographical areas and its own strong brands.
- Tikkurila serves consumers, painting professionals and selected industrial sectors.
- Tikkurila operates in the Nordic countries, Russia, selected Eastern European and Central Asian countries as well as in China.
- Tikkurila invests in its own strong brands and focuses on premium paints.
Tikkurila renewed Strategy for 2019-2022
The focus areas of the Tikkurila's strategy are profitable growth, efficiency improving cost competitiveness and value-based corporate culture. Tikkurila’s target is to grow faster than the market in its market areas. Further, in line with its sustainability promises Tikkurila will accelerate the shift towards water-borne paint products and enhance their use.
Vision and Mission into one Purpose
Tikkurila's vision and mission have been united into one purpose: “We create sustainable Nordic quality surfaces that make a difference”. A sustainable way to act and promote the well-being of the environment is the key part of the strategy.
Renewed Financial Targets
Tikkurila has renewed its long-term financial targets as part of its strategy work. Regarding revenue, the target has been tied in market growth. As regards profitability, return on capital and balance sheet structure, the long-term financial targets remain unchanged.
The targets are:
- Revenue: Tikkurila aims for faster than market growth
- Relative profitability: adjusted operating profit margin over 12 percent
- Return on capital employed (ROCE): over 20 percent
- Balance sheet structure: gearing below 70 percent
Our vision includes all megatrends that affect Tikkurila and gives a clear direction for the long-term development of the company. We not only want to offer products that protect and decorate surfaces but also to develop more solutions and materials to make our customers’ work easier and more efficient. Tikkurila want to answer customers' needs about more durable, functional and environmentally friendly surfaces.
Tikkurila has defined concrete sustainability promises in line with its updated strategy. These promises will guide the company sustainability initiatives and support the business development from the sustainability point-of-view.
The sustainability promises are
- We drive our portfolio towards maximized performance with minimum environmental impact.
- We improve and protect air quality with our products and professional services.
- We drive at better resource efficiency with quality, safety and durability on top of our minds.
- We are a responsible and active partner in our communities.
Our values—trustworthiness, innovativeness, and professionalism—steer our operations and support sustainable activities. They come alive in decision-making situations every day, on both small and large scales.
We are trustworthy
We create and offer quality brands, services, and products that people can trust are safe, reliable, and environmentally sustainable.
We Are Innovative
We drive change in the market and offer novel solutions for our customers' needs.
We Are Professionals
We add value to our customers, owners, and the community - every day.