The burden caused by our products on the environment includes, among other things,
- production of raw materials and packaging materials (e.g., titanium dioxide and fillers),
- energy used during the manufacturing of the product,
- emissions and wastes generated during production,
- distribution of raw materials, packaging materials and products,
- compounds evaporating from the paint during painting and drying (e.g. the solvents released from the use of solvent-borne paints),
- disposal of paint waste.
The quality of the product affects the environmental impact of the product. The better the qualities that the painted surface offers, the less maintenance is needed and the longer the maintenance painting interval is.
We aim to continuously minimize the environmental impact of our operations and our products, for instance, by
- developing paint combinations and solutions that extend the life cycle of the product and allow for longer maintenance painting intervals,
- investing in developing and promoting the use of water-borne products,
- selecting the options which burden the environment less, whenever it is technically and financially possible, and
- developing the eco-efficiency of the production processes by minimizing loss and utilizing generated waste.